Thursday, August 11, 2022

Kyle

 I was committed to Wayne for a good year. I was in love. Oh geez. I am the worst.

Anyway prior to moving to New Hampshire we were staying at a house owned by The Lighthouse Grill for a couple weeks. Thanks to my manager when I told him we were being evicted and our new living situation fell through since we couldn't pass a background check. There was no longer water at the old house and we were trying to pack up what we could to take with us when we moved. We had to let go of a lot of stuff. All our beds and couches and bookshelves and kitchen stuff. Everything. After work I would go over there and sort out what was garbage and what was not.

Well, I though of something. There were a couple people that had been wanting to see me for awhile and our schedules never really meshed so I figured this is my last opportunity before I leave the state for good. I contacted Kyle and he came over one evening while I was over at the old house sorting through stuff. I had been talking to him for awhile. He had visited Florida when we matched on Tinder and he was living in Ohio. Then he went back to Ohio for awhile and then moved to Florida permanently once he had a job in place. He was some type of engineer. I told him I was getting ready to leave Florida and he wanted to make sure to see me before I left. 

He looked better that he did in pictures. Though he looked good in pics also. I noticed that often. People always seem to look better in real life. I always was pleasantly surprised by that. We chatted for a little bit as I was super nervous. It had been over a year since I met up with someone and I was out of practice I guess. I was my usual nervous giggly self but he was nervous too. Eventually we got it together and had a very nice time. He was quite good and I was very glad we finally got together. He had hoped to have a recurring thing but since I was leaving that was not to be. At that time I was thinking about coming back in the fall and he hoped that I would. But that didn't end up happening. 

Addendum: I still talk to Kyle regularly on Snapchat. It's been three years and he's still holding out that I will come back for a visit. Honestly I do want to visit my friend, Jen and also say goodbye at my grandma's grave but I know David would never let me go to Florida alone. There are too many people there that want to see me. I've had offers from people to fly me down there for a night, and for others to fly up here for a night. Now, seriously, I don't think I'm worth all that money or trouble. Kyle is a good looking and successful man so I have no clue why he's still a single guy. Maybe he just has a thing for older married redheads. In any case, I send him pics regularly. And he sends me messages like every other day. He's actually super into me.  It's actually really flattering. Kyle is a good guy. 

No comments: