Wednesday, November 24, 2021

Yoni

 By late February I was still living with my dad. That was soon about to change but I didn't know it yet. The tension in the house was ridiculous. I think everyone in that house was miserable. Maybe I was the least so, only since I was hardly there, between work, my group, court, probation check ins, AA and NA meetings and trying to meet guys. Maybe I was doing all I could to stay sane. David really was taking care of the kiddos though. I mean they are still alive and only two are currently in therapy. My dad, well, he was either working, at my moms, or drunk apparently. When he went to my moms he came home trashed. I always knew because he would get really, really quiet. Even if we were both in the kitchen he wouldn't say a word.  It was scary. And I knew how mad he was that I was in his house. He kept dropping hints about bringing Mamaw home and we thought he must be nuts to do that. I knew he was just hinting that he wanted us out. But we just didn't have anywhere to go yet! We had a house lined up and a down payment made but we still had to wait. And I told my dad that. We kept hoping he would let us stay just a little bit longer.....

So I had been talking to Yoni for awhile about meeting and we had both really been looking forward to it. We decided to meet in Punta Gorda downtown. Unfortunately the day came for us to meet and I was feeling rather depressed and hopeless for whatever reason. And then I went to the meeting place and he wasn't there. I was in a plaza in the evening all alone and I couldn't find who I was looking for. I remember thinking maybe I should just say "fuck it" and go home. I just wasn't in the right mind set. I ended up driving to a couple different places getting so damn frustrated. And he was getting lost because he wasn't familiar with the area. I ended up parking at Laishley Park and just told him I'd wait there and tried to give him directions. Thankfully he finally found me. 

He wanted to go somewhere for a drink first and Laishley Crab House was right nearby so we stopped in there. I think he was drinking whiskey or some hard liquor and I opted for a soda. I was a sober girl then, heck, I might as well be now. I still don't drink. We talked a bit, I was glad that he seemed very nice. We were making out by the time we got to the car. Yoni didn't waste time. He enjoyed kissing as much as I did and we did lots of it. We spent a total of five hours together in the back seat of my car. We would have crazy sex and then he would put his arm around me and I'd lean against him and we'd rest and talk and talk. 

Yoni was 25 years old and was from Israel. He had dark hair and dark eyes and was lovely to look at. He was actually married and had a couple kids back home.  But he had a business here. He goes to visit them. But I don't remember why he doesn't live there. He had been in the military. 

Anyway, He was fascinating. And when we were finished talking we would start kissing and then we would have sex again. And then rest some more and talk and talk. We did that three times. I could have spent the entire night with him. But my phone was blowing up and I knew I was in trouble. It was very, very late. Oh, but the night was so satisfying. 

When we had to get dressed he said, "Getting dressed is so sad!" And I felt that way too. I wanted to stay curled up in the backseat naked with Yoni. I was feeling like being a Tinder girl was so sad. Temporary connections are so sad.

Later I said, " Goodbye is so sad!" and he said " Not goodbye, until next time."

Aftermath: I follow Yoni on Instagram. I messaged him maybe a year ago, just a little small talk. He travels a lot and I kind of got the impression that perhaps I was one of many. Though he was one of many to me as well, I have encountered several men that were notable for me for whatever reason and he was one. 

No comments: