Friday, November 05, 2021

Aras

 Aras. I would never forget Aras. He was a 27 year old student pilot from Turkey. He was also married. His wife was a gynecologist back in Turkey and he used to work in computer programming or software or something. In any case, he made some money but always wanted to fly airplanes so he saved up and came here to learn how to fly. He was living in Lakeland but he would fly into Punta Gorda Airport to get flying hours. Which is how he showed up on my Tinder. 

David allowed me to meet Aras. I didn't even have to sneak to meet him. He got to be my guy of the week. Part of the deal with David was that the "guy of the week" had to be a hit it and quit it. No repeats. He didn't want me developing relationships with any of these men. Reasonable request, right? 

So I drove to the airport to meet Aras when he flew in. I had never been to the airport so I didn't know if I was supposed to go in or wait outside. Anyway, the day was so freaking hot that I kept the air conditioning on and was listening to music while I waited.  My mistake was that I didn't have the car engine on. So by the time Aras showed up my battery was dead. Oh just perfect! I'm in a parking lot in an airport I don't know with a guy I don't know trying to ask strangers to jump start my car. I look like a damn fool. I was sure Aras was regretting wasting his time and effort flying to me. So we get the car started thanks to a kind stranger and off we go. Aras wanted to stop and get a soda. We stopped at nice restaurant in Punta Gorda and drank soda and shared a piece of cake while we got to know each other. 

Part of David's rules were No dating and here I was clearly sitting at a restaurant sharing a delicious piece of cake with a handsome man. I decided I might leave this part out when I tell David what happened today. 

We drove to the same closed supermarket that Tom had showed me and we parked in the back. He leaned over to kiss me and then we got in the back seat. Sex with Aras was amazing. Even in the confines of the backseat of my car. He was beautiful and it was beautiful and I felt fulfilled. I brought him back to the airport and we kissed goodbye. We had no intention of meeting again. This was supposed to be a one and done. 

Don't ta know we met again four days later. I felt like I had a connection to him somehow. And oddly enough, he said the same thing. We went to the same place and had more amazing sex. This time was different. It was more passionate and sweet, he kept looking into my eyes during it. Like staring right into them and telling me I was beautiful and would brush my cheek with his hand. Lots of soft kissing like he was loving me. I still remember his looking at me like that, so sweet and kind. 

There had been so much fighting and arguing at home with David and tension with my dad, I guess I was so desperate for a man to be kind to me. The feeling was wonderful. For a few moments I felt safe and secure with Aras. I was happy. He was one I would have fallen in love with. Easily. But Aras and I were on a time limit. That was part of David's deal. I was only supposed to spend an hour with whatever guy I was with. And Aras and I went over time by quite a bit. We were too busy prolonging our time together. David kept calling and texting and calling and texting. It really ruins a moment when your husband is trying to ruin your hookup date. I was ignoring the calls. 

We eventually realized I should probably go. I answered the phone and David was really mad. It seemed he usually was. He didn't want me to meet Aras anymore. We spent too long together. He was feeling threatened. So he sent a threatening message to Aras. And Aras decided that it would be best if we don't meet again. Besides he had all of his flying hours anyway so he wouldn't have any reason to come this way. I was crushed. And I was angry at David. David always has to ruin anything good I ever had in my life. Why couldn't David just let me do what I want and let me be happy sometimes? David was always grumpy. For years he'd been grumpy it seemed. And I liked meeting guys from Tinder that were nice to me, even if it was fake nice for sex. because men in my life weren't nice to me. My dad and David were always grumpy toward me. 

I brought Aras back to the airport and off he went. I watched him until he was out of sight. I was sad. I was glad I got to meet him in this life. And I feel horrible that things ended badly. I hope Aras forgives me for the complications that I brought to his life. He just wanted sex, he didn't need some crazy husband threatening him. My heart hurt after Aras and I cried about him. He was special and amazing and I hope he has incredible life. I like to think he'll remember me.

Aftermath: None. Never heard from him again. 

No comments: