Saturday, July 18, 2015

Success

I have been floundering within a mid-life crisis of sorts for a while now. I keep thinking of all the thins I have not yet accomplished, placed I have not been, adventures I have not experienced. And, of course, all of the success I will not ever achieve.

Maybe we are not all supposed to be awesome.

But I always equate success in a rather American manner, by money, wealth, and stuff.

I suppose there are other ways to be successful.
I think my kids are my greatest success. I have some pretty neat kids. And they all seem pretty bright, I suppose.
My shortcomings in my life allow me to realize what is important to create a great kid. As long as I can provide the basics and some emotional support, I hope I can guide them to being good and decent people. I can only hope that my kids turn out better than myself. Isn't that what we all want for our offspring?


    
I try to focus on Maslow's hierarchy of needs to prioritize what I need to accomplish in life. Sometimes I go up a rung, and sometimes I fall back. I may never reach the top but maybe it will be my eventual life's goal to get there. Who knows?

No comments: