Saturday, July 25, 2015

Hunger

It's a delightful feeling being hungry and unable to decide what to eat because your cabinets are full.
Never take it for granted.
I refuse to be ashamed that  I had to ask for food assistance while we get caught up and get it together. Though I feel society wants me to feel complete and utter shame and feel horrible about it. But you know what is worse? Being really hungry.
Some people like to complain about people like myself "living off of the taxpayer" but I will remind you that I am a taxpayer. I have been gainfully employed for the last 23 years. Now I need help so survive while we get back on our feet. That is why the help is there, is it not? We don't all have a wealthy great-uncle to call when times are tough.

David is working his tail off 40 hours a week and I have applied for a newspaper delivery route, so I am hoping things all work out. My landlord is going to work with us regarding the rent so I don't have to worry about being out on the street anytime very soon. And I am hoping that I can call the Salvation Army to help with the outrageous electric bill this month so it isn't shut off. It's so hot outside.

I have my court date on Monday and I will be meeting with my public defender. They are pushing back my arraignment, so I guess I won't have to worry about going to jail at this point. I really don't think that will happen, first offense and all. I'm crossing my fingers. I don't expect the world to feel bad for someone in my situation. I don't deserve sympathy.  But I am hoping for the best outcome possible for my family and my children. They do not deserve to suffer.
As far as they are concerned, as long as there is plenty of food they are happy and content. Do boys ever stop eating?!

No comments: