Monday, June 29, 2015

The New Bad Me

I am having a tough time coming to terms with the fact that I am now a Bad Person.

For 38 years, no matter what happened, or what  I struggled though, I was still a Good Person. Now I cannot say that any longer. though my husband insists that I certainly have not been convicted of anything, but if anyone looks they can see that I have been arrested and what I was charged with. They won't see the court records with the (hopefully) reduced charges. See, I still am not telling so much...you have to look for yourself.

I had a family member get arrested for a DUI, it was decreased to something about reckless driving. See that sounds MUCH better. I wonder if they charge you with something more severe sounding because they know it will be reduced, much like medical places charge insurance twice what they know they will receive.

Everywhere I go, every place I look, I wonder if anyone else around me is a Bad Person, too. And how did they get though it?

And I have also learned people that I thought were Really Good People, have a Bad Person past. But it makes me happy to know that those people survived to continue to have a Good Life. So I guess I don't have to stay here in BadPersonville for the rest of  my life.

Maybe it won't be the end of the world. Not for myself, or my family. And who cares what anyone else thinks.



No comments: