Tuesday, December 09, 2014

Don't you wish you knew the last time was the last time?

Picture it: Thanksgiving 2006, Big fat pregnant woman lies dozing on the couch in her scrubs after a days work, while the rest of the family eats. The food smells so good, but it feels better to put her feet up.


That was the last time my grandmother made Thanksgiving dinner. I loved her food. And she made the best mashed potatoes in the world. And I was too exhausted to enjoy the meal. I did work an 8 hour shift on Thanksgiving morning, so who would blame me? But I wish I could go back in time.


My grandmother hasn't gone anywhere. Only her mind has. She has recently moving from her home into an assisted living facility. She has been declining in recent years. The poor gal is 87 for Pete's sake.
But I still wish you knew the last time was the last time. Because you never know what the future might bring.

No comments: