Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Cautiously Optimistic

During my orientation I was reviewing a patient chart with the clinical educator and I kept finding little errors, like papers filed in the wrong place. Quite a few actually. So I fixed the issues I found. Anyone would have, and it wasn't really a big deal but I am a bit obsessive about things having to be in the correct location and nice and tidy.
The educator asked if I had ever done medical records and I said that I am very familiar with chart checks and audits but since I love to organize everything I often wondered if I would do well in that position.
Fast forward to yesterday. She told me that she informed the Director of Nursing that I was meticulous with the charts and that I am quite smart and she thinks I would do well in the currently unoccupied medical records position. I told her I would definitely be interested!
The Director of Nursing talked to me about it today and said that she had a couple more interviews to do for that position and depending on how those go she might be getting back to me regarding filling it! Apparently they want a nurse in that position.
Mon through Fri and I would get to be the occasional manager on duty, because I would be considered a department head!!
Can you imagine me as Director of Medical Records? Wow, that sounds so administrative!
I guess I shouldn't get too excited about the possibility yet. But I am going to keep my fingers crossed. If anyone reads this cross your fingers for me also. :)

No comments: