Wednesday, October 22, 2008

More Melancholy Musings

I am just in such a blue funk lately. I find just about everything irritating. And I just feel so sad about everything. Things that are personal : house foreclosure, bank overdrafts, bills that need to be paid but there isn't any money for them...
Even things that are happening in the world sadden me: poor economy, hordes of unemployed, ridiculous govenment people that have no idea what goes on in the real world. Large stores going bankrupt and closing stores left and right. The world seems to be in a mess. A big one.
I feel like a failure for being poor.
And I really don't have anyone to talk to. No one likes to spend time with someone feeling so blah. I understand. When I feel really good I don't want someone to bring me down. So I talk with poor David who is feeling the same as I am. I am sure I drive him nuts though.

It seems that life since Hurricane Charley four years ago has been especially trying. Life has been a bumpy road.

I do hope that something good happens before too long.

Someone recently reminded me of the story of Job, about how Satan was challenging his faith in God by taking everything good away from him and making his life miserable but good 'Ol Job hung in there, faithful as ever. And eventually he got everything back and more.

Dear God, give me something good! Anything to remind me that there's a light at the end of the tunnel!

No comments: