Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Jawbreaker

First of all I Tropical Storm Fay brought along a very dreary day. That's about all. No excessive rain or wind. Pathetic. But we did not get the brunt of it, other places suffered severe flooding.

Somewhere along the last week or so I have begun clenching my teeth at night in the most horrible way. Maybe I have been clenching them for longer-I only know when I wake up with jaw pain.
From past experience I know this only occurs when I'm under stress so it's not shocking that it is happening again, besides I have always had issues with my temporomandibular joint (TMJ).
What is shocking is the apparent strength that my jaw is applying when clenching my teeth because L left side of my jaw seems to be displaced or something. I have alot of jaw discomfort and find that opening my mouth wide causes a disturbing popping sensation and pain. I am literally afraid that my jaw would lock open.
I can place two fingers vertically between my front teeth and that is the widest my mouth opens without forcing and pain.
Nevertheless, I can say a whopper is not in my near future.

I go back to the Dr. tomorrow for a follow up regarding my headaches so I am hoping he can give me some advice. Maybe I just need some deep massage, I hope my jaw isn't out of alignment because I think it would be far too painful to pop it back into place.

*Sigh* it's always something...

No comments: