Monday, August 18, 2008

Rock me like a hurricane

No one really knows if Tropical storm Fay will become a hurricane or where it(she?) will hit land. Yeah, I know, all of the meteorologists like to pretend they have a clue-but when it really boils down to it, you can only guess. Only Mother nature truly knows.
I think it will be like a really bad thunderstorm-lots of wind and rain. After Hurricane Charley I feel like an old hat at hurricane preparedness and survival.

I am just concerned about how the weather will be in the early morning hours when I have to go to work. They have suggested staff get there really early to avoid the really bad weather but how early? I don't want to go to work at 3 AM!
And how will I get home if there is flooding?
I am not worried about my family ,they will be here safe in the house during the storm. I'll be out in it! :(
It's starting to get a little breezy outside. And very overcast. People are boarding up their homes, filling up their gas tanks and buying every drop of water in town.

Wish me luck!

No comments: