Tuesday, July 29, 2008

My adventures in CT scanning

Today I had my first CT scan. Perhaps my only one in my life, who can say?
It was a relatively quick procedure. I had to lie (lay?, I always confuse those) on a table while it moved me under the scanning area while the camera(I presume) spun around and around me. Not too comforting that there was a warning on the top part of the machine that warned not to stare at the laser beam because it could cause blindness. I was wondering where the laser beam was and wanted to make sure I avoided looking at it. Obviously no idiot would design a machine that a laser shines into the eyes of any person using it, but I wanted to be sure...
Then I received some IV contrast dye so they could take the pictures again. The lady running the machine advised me that I might experience a warm sensation in my body from the IV dye.
Heck yeah, I did! Not a lovely feeling either . Oddly enough, the only place that I felt the warm sensation was in my groin area. I was worried that maybe the IV dye had made me lose control of my bladder, the feeling was that extremely warm, almost hot!
David immediately assumed that if he hooked me up to IV dye every night I would be a wild woman in the bedroom. Just like him to see the bright side in everything.
Remind me later that I have to find a flip flop to beat him with. ;)

I am curious as to what my pictures will look like. I really would like to see what the inside of my head looks like. How cool would that be.
I would totally frame the pictures and put them on my wall. :) I'd call it art.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Call it art? Arn't you the same chick that thought it was "strange" I had a blown up poster of my spine? Besides mine was for legal reasons. You just want a pic of your grey matter. Weirdo!
Kiss the boys for me Sis.

Jennifer said...

Hey if you don't want that super size pic of your spine I could hang it in my living room. What do you say?