Friday, July 04, 2008

Happy independence day!

I always felt odd saying "happy fourth of july" because it's simply stating the day, technically. It would be like wishing someone a "happy fifteenth of November". The fourth of July does not state the purpose for the holiday. Independence day is more appropriate, in my opinion...Anyway.
David is at work so I was going to do some sparklers with Seth after I put Sean to bed. I only ever handle a lighter to light candles so fireworks were not on my list of favorite things to do. I prefer to let David blow stuff up. He enjoys it, I do not.
Oh, what luck!!!! Fortunately someone on the next street over- actually a couple people, I think- had some very cool fireworks and put on an rockin' display! Seth and I watched from the front window of my kitchen. We would hear the "boom" and then see the various sparkles and colors light up the smoky sky. Seth would state," The purple one is my favorite!" then "The red one is my favorite!" etc. They were all his favorite. I'm guessing the person must have spent a fortune on those fireworks because they were shooting them off one after another for a good 45 minutes! It was pretty neat and I am glad Seth and I got to have that experience.
I am so extraordinarily tired. Good Night.

No comments: