Sunday, July 06, 2008

The wisdom of the innocent

Today Seth insisted that I sit down on his toy box. Then he instructed David to do the same. Once we were all in our proper positions we asked Seth why we had to sit there. "'Cause I said" he replied ( This is his response for everything. ) We asked again, " Why did we have to sit here"
He replied, " Because we are family."
Made sense.
I keep attempting to rememeber all of the witty and clever things that Seth says in a day but I seem to forget them. Simply because these moments occur so frequently!
Like yesterday, as we were waiting in line at Big Lots, Seth had to take a survey of everyone's names that were in the line with us. Or the extremely embarrassing moment at the convenient store when he told an elderly lady that she was old and her teeth were "icky". ( I wanted to DIE)
Or the thousand times a day he informs me that his little brother is adorable.
He's a good boy.
Sean is trying his best to talk these days. Sometimes he babbles on and on like he's actually conversing in his own language. Sometimes I can pick up a word here and there. He says ," Nigh-nigh" and "behb" (baby) He says "Hi" and "Bye" very clearly and always waves at the appropriate time. Often, he will wave at say "bye" to random people in the store as we pass. them.
He says " ba" (bottle) "dooce" (juice) "me" (me) "yeah" ( yes) "bock-bock"( chicken sounds). I know there is more but my tired brain is slowing down.
"nigh-nigh":)

No comments: