Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Oooooh, the pain..in .my.head..

So I finally made an appt. with a primary physician about these recurring headaches. I have noticed that they are not responding to pain medications any longer. And it's not like I was taking them excessively-I only take them when I need them every few weeks when I get one of my headaches.
Tylenol, Ibuprofen, Vicodin, Percocet, Darvocet, even my trusty Excedrin migraine does not work any more. Nothing. Instead I am simply grumpy and irritable and want to claw my eyes out because it always feels like the headache is in the front top part of my head behind my eyes. If I could only open up my skull and scoop out the pain I would feel better.
Is it hormone flucuations related to my cycle? Lack of proper sleep? Poor diet? Stress? Eye strain? Brain tumor?
This has been going on for ten years and I am flippin' sick of it. Oddly enough I was headache free during pregnancy.
Good God, I need some relief. Ugh.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I read random blogs and came across your comments of migraines. I had migraines for 5 years.I would get them twice a month, when I ovulate and with my cycle. a co-worker of my husband had the same problem and she started taking vitamin B-complex.9 capsules a day! a year ago, I started the same regime and I rarely get a migrain now.-Jennifer