Sunday, January 13, 2008

"We're giggle kids!"

That was Seth's cute statement for the day yesterday. Him and Sean ( Sean and Him?) were playing on Seth's bed and wrestling each other and playing roughly, which always makes me nervous, but the both of them were cracking up laughing! They were having the most delightful time attempting to bury each other with pillows and blankets. And Seth made this cute statement about "Giggle Kids". And they certainly were.
What a couple of nuts. I can't imagine where they get their silliness from....

Unfortunately, my head hurt so severely that I could hardly enjoy their fun. I just wanted to lie on the floor of Seth's room and close my eyes.
I took two Ultram and then half a Tylenol#3 and David massaged my temple and my head still hurt. At 0100 I ate a bowl of cereal and took the other half of the Tylenol#3 and it just helped me fall asleep. When I woke up, my head was still pounding.
I took two Excedrin Migraine and my headache was GONE! Screw all those prescription pain killers.
Obviously, I couldn't take the Excedrin at bedtime because it includes caffeine as an ingredient and no way was I going to sit up all night, no matter how great my head felt.

In any case I am better and pain free now. I seem to have a problem with these terrible, awful headaches. It's the worst pain ever-except for dental pain.
Now labor was no walk at the park, I assure you. But that didn't last as long as my headaches do.

I am so old. I never thought I would look so forward to going to bed. It's 2130 and I am ready to get cozy in the luxurious softness of my bed and bask in the rare treat that silence has become in my house. Ahhhh...

No comments: