Friday, January 18, 2008

Yes, I most certainly do windows

I will never understand how one adult and two small boys can create the disaster area that I frequently find in my house after work.
Of course I don't expect the rest of the world to have OCD issues with cleanliness- but I cannot figure it out.
I may have to put them all up in a tent in the back yard at this rate, where the three of them can live in pig sty harmony. No joke, I found a plate under the couch today. And I usually find pajamas all over the place. You'd think the tops and bottoms would be in a similar location,right? No, I always find them in different rooms. Oh, and toys, toys, TOYS!!! Everywhere toys. Toys int the kitchen and toys in the porch. Toys in the garage and toys in the bathroom. Toys in my bed and toys under the bed. Oh, good gracious there are so many.
Little fingerprints on the TV and the glass doors and on every mirror in the house. I have even found little fingerprints in locations that I didn't even know Seth could reach. Right now there are little finger smudges on the computer screen. I only clean them once a week now since I feel like it's a bit of a waste of time, after all, there will be more fingerprints in the same places tomorrow.
And why does my 3 year old insist on removing all the pillows from my bed and bringing them to his room? I have to rescue my pillows on a daily basis. And I make my bed so many times in a regular day that I think I should be eligible for the Guinness book of world records somewhere. Seth loves to unmake beds, he thinks it great fun. Me, not so much.
And Sean is banished from bathrooms. He has the most delightful time splashing in the toilet. Not only is it a very unsanitary habit, but a very messy one as well. No matter how many times I say,"no!" he always wants to splash. I guess the temptation is too great.
He even tries if I am sitting on the toilet, he tries to get his little hands into the toilet behind me. I say it's time for this kid to get a hobby.
Finally the house is quiet and relatively neat. But tomorrow all the fun will begin again....

No comments: