Thursday, December 27, 2007

Perplexing dreams are made of this

Who am I to disagree?
Ever have a dream so strange that you can't get it out of your head? I am hoping by documenting my odd dream that it won't remain in my head for me to ponder any longer.
First of all, I dreamt that I discovered that David had an identical twin brother he didn't want me to know about for some reason. Weird. but that wasn't the strangest part.
In my dream, David was a soldier fighting in a war located on some island somewhere. He was away fighting and I was in our house with my mother, father and my son, Sean. Oddly, Seth wasn't in my dream.
The fighting was getting closer to the house and the enemy was throwing these small red colored balls into the house that would explode so we had to get out of the house and run away seeking safety. We found many neigbors who were doing the same thing. We were hiding and the bad guys were getting closer. My dad decided to create a distraction to the enemy so that my neigbors, my mom , Sean and I could get away. So he did. He ran right into the crowd and promptly was caught and killed in a very brutal manner but we got away. He had given his life to save us.
We then found ourselves running into a forest and these people were running at us throwing very, very hot food. Hot dogs to be exact. We were all barefoot for some reson and I stumbled and fell because I stepped on the burning hot dog. I was trampled and killed at this point. But the dream did not end there.
Suddenly I was floating and I realized I was a child again dressed in a pure white dress. I was floating up and up and I was watching below at my mom and Sean very thankful that she was holding him and that they were alright. I knew the future somehow and was aware that they would survive the fighting and also that Sean would grow to adulthood. I also knew what he would look like fully grown.
I also noticed a boy near me and he was dressed in white as well and was floating up,too. It was my dad, but he was a child also. I only recognized him from his childhood pictures!
It was a bittersweet feeling I experienced in the dream. Not all sad actually.

Now isn't that a strange dream? It was the weirdest dream I have had in many years by a long shot.

No comments: