Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Yardwork-Dreyer style take 2 ( or My son is a cow)

I dragged the boys out to weed the yard again. I set Sean out on a blanket with some toys while Seth and I weeded. Sean didn't stay on the blanket long, he wanted to eat the grass and seemed to enjoy mouthfuls of dirt. I guess it's a good thing I don't use pesticides on my lawn. No one in their right mind could accuse me of that( Have you SEEN my lawn?)
Inside the house he scoots himself toward the cat food bowl quite frequently. Why-oh-why does he want to eat cat food so badly? If I remember correctly, and it's possible that I am incorrect, Seth preferred to roll the cat food pieces across the floor rather than eat them.
My kids are strange.

Today Seth, Sean and I were playing in Seth's room when we heard some sirens. Seth immediately got all excited and I was able to pick him up just in time to see the fire truck and ambulance go by on the street behind our house. An hour later we see THREE state troopers across the street -they remained there for hours! According to our next door neighbor, the guy across the street got into a domestic dispute with his wife or girlfriend and he got into his big blue SUV to leave and she got in front of the truck...I think you know where this is going. He ran her over. Apparently they had to land a helicopter in the local church parking lot so they could fly her out to a trauma center. I'm guessing Tampa.
Unfortunately we had no clue that the fire truck and ambulance were right across the street from us after they went by the rear of our house. Seth would have liked to see the fire truck up close. But at the same time I wouldn't want him to have seen the lady since I am sure she was badly bloodied and all.
I guess my putting my hand through a window isn't half as bad as running over your spouse and mother to your children. Yikes, I don't feel as bad now.

1 comment:

Highlandgal said...

Ah, Florida living. Exciting for the kids though ;)