Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Speak my mind or lose my mind

Much of the time I opt for the latter since I am not confident that I am correct in whatever the issue is. So I just bottle things up so I don't upset anyone and say something I may regret. People think I am nice and happy. But when I explode, I (obviously) sometimes do damage. Of course, not to any living thing but sometimes a poor, defenseless window gets the brunt of my anger. In my defense, this has happened exactly once. Any other time I screamed or broke a coffee cup. (note to self: breaking coffee cups is less harmful for my health and well being-not to mention the integrity of my skin)
I worked a double shift Sunday and then had to work monday AM as well. So you can imagine I was feeling pretty worn down by the time I got home yesterday afternoon. I found that David had stripped the crib sheets and Seth's bed sheets to wash them but the beds weren't made and the laundry from the previous day was dumped out on the bed awaiting my arrival.
I was a little irritated but didn't want to show it because I thought it was probably petty and I didn't want to upset David.
It really bugged me and ate at me! Fianlly I told David that even though I didn't ask him to put away the clothes I thought he might and it irritated me that he saved them. All he said was " Okay, I'll remember that for next time" or something like that.
Wow, that was easy. This communication thing. I guess ,I should do it more often. But I need to work on listening as well. I hear fine, but sometimes (especially if I have a fussy, hungry 5 month old boy in my arms and a 2 year old climbing on me) I tend to not pay attention as well as I should.

No comments: