Sunday, August 05, 2007

yard work- Dreyer style

I finally got tired of waiting for a day with temps. under 150 degrees to weed the front yard. So after David left for work I set a blanket and a beach umbrella out on the lawn for Sean, and Seth and I went to work. Well, it was mostly me working. He would pick up the odd item found in the yard and swat me with it. For instance, he found one of those plastic things that attach to a flower pot so you can hang it from your roof eaves, I don't kow where he got it but I got smacked in the head a couple times. He thought it was funny. Me, not so much.
Well, between beatings from my two year old son, I actually accomplished some weeding. Seth helped to scub out the bird bath. Sean just rolled around on his blanket.
Eventually we were all overheated and we came inside. We all had matching pink cheeks.
Sean quickly sucked down a bottle and promptly fell asleep while Seth announced." I want sumpin'!" Which is his lovely way of saying he's hungry.
I told him I was going to make Bagel Bites but he was peeved that I was going to cook them first. He seems to think that everything should just come out of the fridge ready to eat. I guess i'll think twice about going to his house for dinner in 20 years.
He didn't want to wait ,so while I used the facilities, he got up on a kitchen chair and opened the loaf of bread and took a slice. At least, he put the loaf away where he found it. He doesn't get that from his Dad...:)
After we ate I decided he needed to bathe. I think he smeared much of the pizza sauce on his face, I'm not quite sure why.
Next thing I know ,while I was making up his bed he ran down the hallway and grabbed a paintbrush David let him play with and he decided he was going to "paint" the tub with water. It was quite cute, especially since he was humming "Baa Baa Black Sheep" at the time.
He's so weird.

No comments: