Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Finally, a day off!

It seems like ages since I have had a day off but really it's only been 5 days. I don't know how Mon-Fri workers do it! I am certainly not used to a schedule like this.
I am counting down to pay day..only 8 more days until I can pay some bills. I am so afraid that things are going to get shut off in the meantime. David is going to call the utilities and electric to see if we can get an extention because of our circumstances and check into unemployment since he isn't getting any responses from the applications he's put out.
Man, I despise Walter on so many different levels. He regularly insulted David at work and refused to accept any creative input from David at band practice, always threatening to fire him if he disagreed or argued. Always putting David down until he felt like a second rate peon and developed stomach issues related to extreme stress. If you ask me, it sounded like David was in an emotionally abusive relationship with his so-called " friend". I know because I was in one once. I don't know why Walt felt the need to treat David this way but I am glad that it is over. David has a tendency to be too nice at times and I don't appreciate when people take advantage of his kind nature. Sometimes I want to stick up for him and tell off people that "jokingly" call him names or play jokes on him. He laughs it off but I don't.

I do know that David is an awesome stay at home dad. He makes sure the boys are clean and fed and happy. Little Sean always smiles when he sees Daddy. And Seth asks where Dad is any time we go anyplace without David. Did I mention that David picks up the house and cleans the dishes, too. AND makes dinner for me.
I may not have married a wealthy man but I married a man rich with love.

1 comment:

Geekette said...

Sounds like David is working out pretty well at home. Is your income enough to keep him home with the boys? I hope everything else is going well for you.