Sunday, April 08, 2007

Happy Easter and Happy Birthday

Today David turns 34 year old. He went out to have a couple drinks this evening and, fortunately , my sister was able to go out with him. Why am I happy about that, you ask? Obviously, I cannot go out with him since I am home with the boys and it always seemed that it years past I had to work the evening of his birthday so I could not go. And his friends never were able to go either. Pretty sad! :( So I am glad that my sister is there to help him have a nice time.
Unfortunately, my boys are both crabby tonight. Hopefully they will fall asleep before too long and then I will have an evening to myself, ahhhhhh, sweet silence! I can only hope. Right now I have one ( who is way overtired but refuses to ever nap anymore) who is alternating between "Mama! Mama!" for no reason and " come on!" so he can show me nothing. And another that has been fed, cleaned, diapered, burped, rocked, held, pacifiered ( is that even a word?), and fed some more to no avail. He ( I think ) is overtired as well.
You see, we went to my mom's for Easter dinner and we had a great time. Seth got to play alot and Sean was held and fed and rocked by everyone....but did not nap all day. Yes, you read that correctly. He would fall asleep but awaked whenever he was set down. So THAT is why he is overtired.
There are some days when I am jealous of the retirees that I meet at work. Thay can sleep until whenever, eat whenever, do what ever they want. When they clean their house it probably stays that way! They can watch TV in silence and go to bed and sleep ALL night long without interruptions. But then I think that life might be boring after a few days.
But even so, I wouldn't mind that kind of life for just a couple days. Is that so wrong? ;)

No comments: