Friday, January 05, 2007

The purpose of this blog..

There are two reasons that I blog, and I am not sure if I have written this before so please pardon me if I have.
1. I like to document my life. How I feel during my pregnancy, new and cute things that Seth does and even how I overcome obstacles I encounter in my life. Sometimes I like to read my old blog entries just for my enjoyment.
2. Years ago when I was diagnosed with severe depression a therapist advised me to write down my emotions to help me deal with them. I find that writing how I feel is extraordinarily therapeutic for me. For example, if I am feeling sad or angry, or especially depressed, I find if I write down how I am feeling and why, I can get it off of my chest and I feel better. It really works and is cheaper than a therapist!

I have been rather whiny in the past few weeks and that's because I had been very irritable with the holidays and finances, heck maybe it was hormones or even the moon phase, I don't know. But as soon as the holidays were over I began to feel myself again.
So when I make negative comments here about family, work ,or the price of rice in China..most likely it's because I am irritated at that moment. Not necessarily that I hate everyone. Trust me, if I kept it all bottled up..THEN we would have a problem!
I notice myself that I tend to blog far more often in times of distress than in times of happiness, and #2 above explains why.

Yes, I know this is a public blog and I am not worried about that because, you see, I haven't any secrets. I don't have a dark or questionable past and certainly nothing to hide. I am not ashamed or embarrassed of anything I have done. And though I haven't been proud of every decision I have made, I don't regret anything I have done because all of those decisions eventually brought me to where I am now and made me the person I am now. And it's not the worst life a girl could have..not by a long shot. I have worked long and hard to get where I am and every morning I wake up and I respect myself for that.

No comments: