Monday, January 08, 2007

Car crash

Today Seth and I had lunch at Mamaw's house. We had a lovely time and Seth and I were quite worn down. On the way home I thought I would take the long way in hopes that Seth would fall asleep in the car and take a short nap, since he refuses to nap like normal kids. Anyway, the traffic on Midway was horrible, the cars were backed up for quite a ways at the stop light, eh, I wasn't in a hurry so no big deal. After sitting in traffic for a couple minutes I felt a sudden bump from behind. Blech, I'd been hit!
First thing I did was look in the back seat at Seth..well, he was happy as can be, obviously not injured. He didn't even realize what happened.
So I get out of the car and start having a lovely anxiety attack, meanwhile I was getting some wicked Braxton-Hicks contractions. They seemed to continue quite frequently for an hour afterward as well.
The guy who hit me tried to play down the damage, but I informed him that it was a lease car and I needed to have ANY damage repaired. My bumper was very scraped up and slightly dented. We also noticed later that the pressure from hitting the center of the bumper had slightly displaced the bumper on either side where it meets the rest of the car.
Anyway I told the guy I needed to call the police, but first I called my husband because I was having such an anxiety issue that I couldn't seem to think straight. He arrived very quickly , the police arrived 15 minutes after I called. David was very helpful calling my insurance for advice and helping with Seth and was very supportive in calming me down.
I did notice that by the time the officer had completed the accident report I was having alot of pain in my L lower back. I did call my Dr. when i got home to inform her but she only advised me to take some Tylenol. My back is feeling better now but it's still tender in that one area and I feel awfully stiff. The anxiety attack took alot out of my though, I was still feeling very anxious through the evening and still am actually. Hopefully I will be better in the morning.
The other driver was cited for careless driving and I have already filed my claim with his insurance company.
I need to sleep now, I've had enough excitement for one day....

No comments: