Wednesday, January 17, 2007

He's just a little guy:(

While we were at the playground today Seth was running around saying" hi!" to all of the other kids ( and their moms too) He happened to really like this other boy that was around the same size as him, his mom said that he was 18 months old! Seth is about 27 months old and was the same size as this little boy. So I look up all of the growth charts and all and I see that he is in the 10-25% for weight and 25% for height, and that's just barely. He is 25lbs. and 34 inches. Just a little guy.:( I worry about this. But the Dr. said in October that Seth has always been on the small side so he's consistent. And that even a kid in the 25% averages at about 5'8" at full height.
I guess Seth will be little like us, I was hoping that he would get tall genes from my dad's side of the family. I am 5'5" and David is 5'6" and neither of us have ever been heavy, actually in our younger years we were both a little underweight. Oh, well. I just don't want him to be the shortest kid in the class when he gets to school, you know?
Otherwise he's developing quite normally talking , running, climbing, and his social skills are excellent. Now if I could just get him to stop using the bottle!! He adamantly refuses to drink from any other type of cup, he throws it down and won't have anything to do with it. I don't want him to end up dehydrated!

No comments: