Wednesday, March 22, 2006

I think I have a new job!!

My job has been absolutely horrible since they reopened after rebuilding from the hurricane. Every day is chaos!! They are very disorganized and very understaffed and I just don't think it is healthy for my mental health to remain there. So today I decided to apply for a new job at the nursing home down the road from the one I am currently at.As my good luck would have it the staffing nurse at the new place was my unit manager a couple years ago at my current place! Thank goodness I was always on good terms with her! She said that i might have to work a couple 3-11 and a couple 7-3 shift to make up my hours but really thinks that we could work something out because she knows that I am a good nurse. She said that she will call me!!!What a relief. Also I went to my check up with the psychiatrist today and told him about it,he had good things to say about the facility and the staff so I guess it must be alright. He makes weekly visits there to see the psych patients. Anyway...I am glad evrything will work out. From everything that the staffing nurse told me they sound like they are way more organized and properly stffed than my current place of employment.

While Seth naps I am going to write out my letter of resignation.

No comments: