Monday, March 20, 2006

It's always an adventure.

That should be David and I's relationship motto. So many times, especially in our travels , have we uttered those words. We always try to make the best of unplanned situations. Now Seth and I have constant adventures. I love, love, love spending time with him. Every day is a new adventure, a new experience.
Today we went to the mall and then we went to Dairy Queen and shared a blizzard. It was delicious, it was partially melted by the time we returned home but we enjoyed it nevertheless. Seth had it all over his face and hair, what a glorious mess. He received a nice bath afterwards. Then we blew bubbles on the patio for a bit, until he became horribly cranky. Now he is napping.
I have been thinking about how far apart I should space my children and I think I have settled on 3-4 years apart. I am having so much fun with Seth right now I am just not ready to bring another baby into the world yet and disrupt things. But I do know that I want him to have a sibling, I am just not quite ready. Besides we would need to get a bigger house in order to accomodate another child.
Thank goodness that my sister is due in June. Seth WILL have a playmate. Fonda and I already have it planned out. We are going to take our kids out to the park together and the playground. And they will be the best of friends. Just like Fonda and me.
Seth did see my cousin and her 5 kids last Saturday and apparently had a grand time playing with them. unfortunately I was at work that day but I was glad that he got along with them so well. I am sorry i missed it.

I think that if tomorrow isn't any better at my work I am going to apply at a different facility on Wed. I have already asked mom if she could watch Seth for a few while I go up there. If i decide to ( I think I have decided though). I am fed up with working at such a disorganized and understaffed facility. It's almost chaotic every day!!! I really ,truly dislike it there and I really think that it would be in my best interest to leave. I need a facility that has a competent and able administrative team. I am thinking optomistically that I will find what I am looking for.

No comments: