Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Wednesday

Today I was pestered by not one but two different people peddling their Jehovah's witness nonsense. Ick, what a waste of my time. The first lady came to my door looking for my mom! Apparantly one day while my mom was babysitting they came by and gave her some stuff and talked to her briefly . She gave the papers to david as a joke but they came back looking for her to discuss the mag that they left before. I HAD to call her and thank her profusely. She got a good laugh out of it " You didn't tell them what days I would be here, did you?"
Then after Seth fell asleep I decided to make some bread, while I was mixing the dough I received a phone call," Do you ever wonder about all of the wickedness in the world? Blah, blah blah..."
" I am very content with my life and God has blessed me with a wonderful family, a good job, food to eat, " I reply.
" But do you ever wonder about all of the death and despair, all the wickedness and evil, blah...blah" She continues going on about the future and evil in the world.
I told her that I am very happy with life RIGHT NOW. I don't have alot of death or despair or wickedness in my life. God has been good to me and I feel very blessed.
Of course she was dead set on discussing death and despair so I cut her off.
"Why are you trying to depress me lady? Do you just call people up and try to make them feel bad or guitly about everything? I have to go because i am in the middle of something and I hope that you have a a better day tomorrow and think about happy things"
GEEZ!
Why would I ever want to be part of such a depressing religion? I didn't know today was my day to worry about the future of the world! I looked at the cover of the magazine that I received earlier today and it says" What will the future bring?"
These people need to live a little. Now I know why they don't celebrate holidays. They just might forget about the evils of the world for a moment and be happy!

I think I will check my bread dough progress before the boy awakens. It should be fully risen by now.

Is it wrong to want to have a HAPPY Day? I don't live in a fantasy world, heck I have a ton of bills due and I am broke so , no I do not live in a perfect world. But I do try to keep my spirits up and enjoy what i do have. i don't think that's wrong.

No comments: