Sunday, May 29, 2022

Kinda depressed

 So many dumb things are happening in the world..and my world that I am just miserable. 

1. Philip died. So I was upset about that and still am but coming to terms with it and trying to figure out why I was so lost for a little bit. These things aren't supposed to happen in my life. I'm used to getting what I want and I almost did but it was a little too late. He broke my heart when he died. Maybe nobody else will like me like that ever again. 

2. Overturning Roe vs. Wade. Leaked draft from a Supreme Court judge states that this will be happening. I feel strongly that women should have the rights to their own body and that they shouldn't be forced to have children they don't want. That will lead to more poor families stuck in poverty and potentially more abused babies and children. Women's health care should be between themselves and their doctor. No government should be involved in a woman's personal choices for her own body! Thankfully, I am beyond the point where I would ever need this care but I am in a state with reasonable laws allowing abortion to weeks. But many states are going to ban the procedure altogether. Religion should not influence laws and that is exactly what is happening throughout this country and it's entirely upsetting.

3. COVID -I got COVID and had to take a week off of work. Thankfully, I had mostly mild symptoms but I am still feeling a little short of breath if I overdo things. That kinda sucked. 

4. While I was on my COVID vacation a school was shot up in Texas causing  deaths of mostly little kids. It sickens me and upsets me that this is allowed to happen time and time again but no Republican politicians will agree to any common sense gun laws. So let's just allow this to happen over and over. Other countries think we are sick and they don't want to come here because it sounds like an unsafe place that people get shot at wherever they go. And they are right. Most people agree with some sort of gun laws whether it's not selling assault rifles to anyone under 21. Or even better not sell assault rifles anywhere. Who needs that shit? They clearly are only for killing large amount of people in a short time. I hate guns. I hate them so much and I hate this country for worrying about embryos but not caring about living children. Fuck this country. I know they will do NOTHING and this will keep happening over and over again.

If something good doesn't happen I will lose my shit. I just can't take any more awful things happening through the world. 

No comments: