Friday, January 21, 2022

Matt M.

 What? Another Matt? Yes indeed. It was a popular name I guess for guys born in the 90s. 

At this time I was working at The End Zone, a sports bar in Englewood. I was serving tables part time and I quite liked it. It was a fun atmosphere and it was easy work. The hardest thing was serving trays of drinks. I liked when people ordered pitchers of beer because it was easy. We served lots of pizza and wings, so it wasn't high dining by any means but I had always wanted to be a server at that kind of place. The End Zone is also where I met Philip. He was working there as a cook. Trust me, he's has a big part in my story. More about him to come.

 I was also working at Publix at the same time. I was working in the deli for like 12 bucks an hour for the second time in my life. I worked with some great people but, honestly, I hated working in a grocery store. I didn't like it when I was a teenager and I didn't like it now. I was, admittedly, terrible at it. It was easy work but I just hated it and I was cranky about it. I would have been better in a position that I didn't have to do as much customer service. But the food was good! I really do miss the Publix hot food station. They had some kickin soups. I'm really hungry right now so all I can think about is how good the Publix hot food was. 

Anyway, back to Matt M. After working at my serving job I met up with Matt. He got in my car and we went off to my favorite park. On the way we saw two huge wild hogs rooting in the dirt in the middle of the highway. It was such a weird sight! I'll never forget it. Matt was super nice and easy to talk to. We got along very well and at the park we just kept talking and talking until I realized I was running out of time. Then we hopped in the back and did our thing. Matt was a good time. He was very tall and light brown hair and a slight beard. Very nice looking guy. Then I brought him back and we said goodbye. 

Aftermath: Matt is still on my Snapchat and we exchange pics sometimes. We talk about that day and wished there could have been another like it. 

No comments: