Friday, November 14, 2014

Cemetery

By now everyone knows I enjoy the peace at the cemetery, so I took Joshua a couple days ago and wandered around. He just likes to be out of the house, he doesn't care. And from what I know of elderly folks, they love babies and little kids, so I didn't think they'd mind a visit.
I like to think they appreciate my visits and my quiet singing to my son as we wander the grounds, I guess I like to think it would bring a smile to their face.

I think I might have a better relationship with the dead than the living....but moving on.

I saw many, many more names that I recognize. I told Joshua stories of them all, even the lady that chased me down the hallway when I was a CNA.
 I even saw the lady that was my very first patient at Southport Square when I was in CNA school, maybe 1997 or 1998. She was 96, and at the time was the oldest person I had ever met in real life.

Of course I visited my Papaw and introduced Joshua to him. My papaw died in 1985 from complications related to Alzheimers disease at..59. Yes, Very young. So he was suffering from dementia for my entire life, but even so I don't want him to think anyone has forgotten him, so I keep him up to date about stuff and life.

I don't know what it is about the cool fall weather that makes me ponder over the past. This happens every year.

No comments: