Saturday, October 18, 2008

Melancholy musings

There never seems to be enough money to pay everything. Even when we cut important things out (like mortgage) There STILL never is enough.
I know you are thinking,"Hey, didn't you just take a vacation to Disney?"
Why, yes I did and I assure you we all needed it. We haven't been able to take one in years and we've never done a family vacation before now. I assure you we found some great deals in order to stretch the $$$ to go.
And the whole vacation still cost us less than one months mortgage would have cost us. Believe it or not.

In any case, I have two great kids, a loving and wonderful husband, and we are all generally healthy (At least physically, ha ha)
And little did I know when I went to nursing school just how very wise my decision was. These days health care is one place you can easily find a job anywhere. Thank goodness for my good sense (yes, I do have some good sense, sometimes)

I am optimistic that once David takes the phlebotomy class he will be able to find some steady work. He has scheduled his entrance test for the vocational school already. I will have to save up $300 for the 10 week Health Core program ( a prerequisite for the class) and another $300 for the 10 week phlebotomy class after that. It will take awhile since he will be going in the evenings a few days a week. But I am grasping at some hope for the future that his learning a carreer ,especially in the health care field, will be a great benefit for us. It will be hard in the meantime.

Okay enough blahness for one evening. I should sleep. Tomorrow will be a better day.

No comments: