Monday, June 09, 2008

Please pass the aloe cream, I'm pink and sore...

Today was Dreyer family beach day. And a very successful one at that. I assure you that in my youth I don't think I ever had as much fun as I do with my boys. Well, I probably did but that was long ago...
Anyway, since I am an old lady now with a bit of a belly pooch and stretch marks, I don't care to look sexy on the beach anymore. I could care less. David thinks I am hot stuff ,so as long as he's happy I need not worry. I am now secure in my imperfect skin. So I could concentrate on just having a nice time.
Sean just enjoyed running around the beach chasing sea gulls and waving "hi" to other beachgoers. Seth had alot of fun playing in the surf and playing in the sand. I just sat in the sand and made sandcastles with them. David and I took turns bringing them in the water. The water temperature was absolutely perfect and there was a slight breeze so it wasn't too hot.
We had a beautiful day. Unfortunately, the sunscreen I applied on everyone must have missed a few spots of something because we are all a bit pink and sore.
Oh well, the day was worth it.

No comments: