Sunday, May 25, 2008

Rommy's saddest night.

Yesterday while I made my bed I noticed that the house was very silent. Silence with two young boys in the house =TROUBLE. Anyway I was pleased that they were playing so well in the living room. As I sat down on the couch Sean was removing the cover for the storage pocket in the center of their Cars table, Seth was yelling at him because his lizard was in there and he might get away.
"Lizard?" I asked. Setth explained that he had caught a lizard on the porch and he was going to keep him as a pet.
I immediately got a plastic Gladware container and put holes in the top for his lizard. No way any lizard was going to live in my furniture!
Seth decided to name him "Rommy" (Rommy?, who knows) Seth kept shaking the container and turning it upside down and spinning it. I said Rommy's going to get sick if you keep doing that.
When Seth went to bed I decided I was going to let Rommy go.
Unfortunately I forgot and poor Rommy sat on the kitchen table in a plastic container all night. Poor little lizard, now between my son's torturing him and being trapped in the container all night he will require years of therapy.
I let him go this morning. The cat was sitting outside waiting for breakfast and immediately ran after Rommy. I didn't wait to see if she caught him or not.
Maybe he was better off on the kitchen table...

No comments: