Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Only if you are famous..

Are you hospitalized for " exhaustion". Many times I would love a couple days to recoup from my busy life so I can feel healthy and refreshed again. But normal people can't be hospitalized for " exhaustion". I mean you never go to work and hear the conversation," Hey, where's Joe?.Haven't seen him lately?"
" Oh, I heard he's in the hospital-exhaustion, ya' know. He has been working alot of extra shifts lately."
"Too bad, I 've gotta send him some flowers or something. You know, my cousin was hospitalized for that last month-she's got six kids and an alcoholic husband. Good thing she got some treatment for her exhaustion"

I saw a progress note from one of my patients today where he described to his physician that he felt "like a wet dishrag"
I think that is a lovely description. Very descriptive without being at all specific. Does that make sense?
Sometimes I feel like a wet dishrag. Sometimes I feel like I could sleep for days!
I am so happy with everything right now but I am just feeling so run down and tired. Is this simply because I am a mother of two small boys that works full time and in her "spare time" cleans up the house and tries to keep the bills paid?
Or am I simply suffering from " exhaustion"?

No comments: