Monday, May 14, 2007

Will the stress ever end?

Warning: this is a vent post...
My anxiety is a at level higher than I have experienced in quite a while. I hate being the only breadwinner. It's a horrible thing knowing my family is relying on me, and only me, for a paycheck. I try to work so hard but find that I am getting worn down. I am tired constantly but at night when it's time to sleep I would rather stay awake a little to enjoy the quiet. Goodness knows it's the only quiet I get.
I get irritable with the boys for wanting my attention (Seth, mostly) because I want to be left alone for a few minutes when I get home but then I feel so guilty once he goes to bed and I stare down at his peaceful, adorable sleeping face thinking about what a horrible parent I am and that he deserves better.
David has filled out several applications but no responses yet. I'm glad he's home with the boys but it's just not helping me pay the bills. I still owe bills from last month. I feel like I'm drowning.
Sometimes I feel like I could just explode with all of the anxiety I feel every day. I cry because I feel so overwhelmed with life and Seth looks at me and says " Are you okay, mama?" I love him so much.
Sometimes I don't feel like I can take it anymore. But I don't have any other options. I have to be strong. Thank God that I have such supportive family and friends.

1 comment:

Highlandgal said...

Well, the platitude is "This too shall pass." But it happens to be true, too. Hang in there girl, you're doing an awesome job carrying the load!