Wednesday, May 30, 2007

I think I might see the light...

There is merely a small glimmer in the distance but I think I am closer to seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. David has a job! He received a call from a local restaurant wanting him to come in today to talk and they put him right to work! He is working 5-10 today and both weekend days as well. Yes, he is washing dishes, but he's making money now and that's what really counts. It won't be his career of choice forever, just for now until something better comes along..which may not be until "season" starts in the fall.

In other news.....
Florida is burning down!!!!!!
At least it smells like it outside. There has been a nasty haze outside all day and the smell of forest fire is absolutely horrible! I have my house closed up and I still smell it from time to time. Seth wanted to go outside this evening and I definitely didn't want him out there breathing in all the smoke. Yuck!
Apparently hundreds of acres of land near Lake Okeechobee is (or was)on fire and since I live right east of there the lovely wind is carrying the smoke right to us. Damn, it's awful.

No comments: