Tuesday, April 03, 2007

my Dr. appt.and other ramblings..

I went for my 6 week check up yesterday-technically it was only 5 weeks but whatever...
Everything is fine. I am still very overweight, 140lbs by the Dr. scale. I still have 20 lbs. to lose. My friend Tammy reassured me that it will come off more quickly once I return to work. I know she's right since that is what it took last time.
Once my period returns I have to call the Dr. and have an IUD placed. I really wish I didn't have to wait. I will be getting the ParaGard which is nonhormonal and is good for 10 years ( though God help me if I decide to have another baby at 40!!) Most likely David will still get a vasectomy in a year or so.
I am looking forward to going back to work. I am so miserable sitting at home knowing that we really need my paycheck right now. Besides, I have this weird thing about making my own money. Never in my life to I ever want anyone to remind me that it's "their" hard earned money that i am using for groceries and bills. I hate having to ask for money either. I like to have my own cash.
And no, David has never made me ask for money or tell me it's "his" money but it has happened in a past relationship. I learned my lesson about making sure I can support myself.

Sean is sleeping okay, he does alright going back to sleep after his feedings until about 5 AM then he is more fussy and wants to stay awake longer. There is NO WAY i will start my day at 5 AM so he does go back to sleep, even if i have to put him in my bed to do it. He is very cute and eating very well. I can't believe it's been 5 whole weeks already!

1 comment:

Geekette said...

I totally understand the your own money thing. This is the longest I've ever been with out work since I was 14. I'm still not used to relying 100% on Mike.

Glad to hear you're doing well, to hear you say you are so overweight at 140 amazes me. And I'm sure the 20 pounds will melt right off once you get back to work and are out more. You do have to remind yourself you're only 5/6 weeks post-partum and it does take time.

Glad to hear that Sean is doing well too. :)