Monday, March 12, 2007

So far, so good

Sean is sleeping okay. He wakes every 2-3 hours on average to eat in the night. He takes about 30 minutes or so to eat and then he goes back to sleep. He's not really fussy and doesn't cry unless he needs food. I'm thinking I got lucky this time!
Seth is utterly fascinated by him, he just stares and stares at Baby Sean, as he calls him. He also likes to count Sean's eyes and ears and beep his nose. Very cute, but sometimes he doesn't seem to understand that he has to be gentle with the baby.
I try to keep us all busy in the day so the boys sleep well in the night. Besides I cannot stand hanging around the house all day.
It is very hard not having my paycheck though, it sucks actually. We really don't have any extra money for anything. We barely have money for what we need and unfortunately some things will have to be paid late. I will most likely have to return to work after 8 weeks instead of the 12 weeks I had originally intended. I think it's ridiculous that we don't have paid maternity leave in this country.
At least since Sean is sleeping better than Seth did at his age it may not be as bad going back to work. I will be very tired though. Oh well, I have to do what I have to do.

No comments: