Wednesday, January 24, 2007

34 week OB update

I am up to 155lbs. so I am gaining more and more and more. I need to put the brakes on this nonsense and start eating salads for lunch instead of quarter pounders!! My BP is good, urine neg, fetal HB is great. Baby is moving around all the time. The Dr. stated that the head is down now, she placed my fingers down near my pubic bone and told me that I was feeling the baby's head. I felt something but my untrained fingers couldn't tell a baby head from a full bladder!
At least now I know why I have to urinate every half hour though! The head is probably compressing my bladder to the size of a thimble.:)
She was going to do my group B strep test this week or next but I reminded her that I was positive last time so she said we could skip the test and they will give me antibiotics during labor anyway, since I most likely am still a carrier. I do have to schedule my last U/S in the next couple weeks, my mom is going to go with me and bring Seth along so he can see the baby.
I will be going every week now until the end. I can't believe it's almost here!!!!! A little scary actually.
I have been having alot of pelvic discomfort lately, in the back and especially in my pubic bone area. ( Again, easily explained by the baby's head down position) Alot of pressure as well. Very annoying. My mom is predicting that I won't make it to my due date and her husband is predicting Feb. 19. I don't know what I think. Seth made it to his due date and I would have gone past if I wasn't induced so I am not thinking I will go early.

We are in the process of painting the nursery. Then we will shampoo the carpet and we will be able to set up the furniture. What little furniture we have, of course. I have a glider chair and a changing table and a swing.I just need a set of drawers and a crib. Wow! I can't believe it's almost time!!!!

No comments: