Friday, November 24, 2006

I'm glad Thanksgiving only comes once a year..

For a week preceding Thanksgiving it seemed that my family hadn't the slightest clue where or when to have the meal. Mom was going to have it on Monday after then it was Saturday after then Friday ,ugh then she just decided to do it the day of Thanksgiving. My grandmother intiially was goijng to have her meal at 1 PM on Thanksgiving, then somewhere it was changed to 2 PM. I had to work anyway so I told her I wouldn't be coming. Besides David wanted to cook a meal here at home. Which was fine with me so i wouldn't have to travel around town after work since I knew I'd be tired and achy anyway.
But when i told Mamaw that she gave me a horrible guilt trip about it, my dad did as well. And to top things off they changed the time of the meal to 5 PM so i would be able to eat.
SOOO I went over after work and David met me there with Seth. Of course, i was miserable as I expected. My back was hurting and I was very tired. Everyone was good about helping out with Seth while I rested on the couch, actually it was mostly Sean ( Who spun Seth around until Seth was dizzy and fell down in the driveway causing a scraped nose and a big bump on his forehead)
Once the food came things changed, everyone was busy eating and when Seth was finished, I guess I was too.
My dad helped him out of his chair before I had washed his hands and face and then i had to chase him around the house, mind you I was cranky and starving since I didn't get to finish my food.
Meanwhile everyone suggested, "Sean can watch him". Which I didn't think was fair since Sean was eating and watching him alot before the meal. So I finally said, " I'm sorry about the food, I am still hungry but obviously won't get a chance to eat so we are going home"
Oooooh was I feeling bitchy. Everybody made me feel so guilty about not wanting to come but then no one is willing to help me out so a hungry pregnant woman can eat a little? WTH?
I don't expect everyone to take care of Seth but don't make me feel crappy when i tell you I can't come to your dinner because I am anticipating feeling achy and tired after I worked all day and don't feel like running after a 2 year old at your non-baby-proofed house. Don't try to tell me " he'll be fine while you eat" when the only image in my head is of my son trying to climb up on your glass topped breakfast table and falling, or worse having it fall on him.
Don't tell me to have my 20 year-old brother watch him while he eats while i finish my meal, that's not fair to my brother.
Next time I don't expect to get any guilt trips about not coming to your dinner.

I was glad to come home and relax.

Damn, I am bitchy today....

No comments: