Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Band Camp 2006

This actually occurred on November 17 but it's totally blog-worthy so I'm going to go back in time a little.
Months ago David was able to get tickets for this concert, I thought it would be fun since I haven't been to a concert in ages and I used to love them. Even though I am 6 months pregnant I figured that since it was in a fairground setting I would be okay.

It was a cool night, beautiful for a concert actually. Mom came over until Heather could get here and David and I went to dinner first. The traffic was insane! So we arrived in the middle of the Hoobastank set, they were okay I suppose.
Then Hinder came on, David immediately though about the "Lips of an Angel" song and completely did not expect much from them. Thought maybe they were a ballad band or something.
We were so wrong! They were absolutely awesome! Tons of energy and quite a few kickin' songs. We both really enjoyed them. After that came Candlebox, bleh. they're old and haven't had a hit in years so I wasn't too thrilled.
Buckcherry was another great band, we were REALLY enjoying them but had to leave in the middle of their set because Heather had to leave our house at 9:30 PM to go somewhere with Sean. We so did not want to leave since we were having so much fun. David really wanted to hear Buckcherry do the "Crazy Bitch" song. Unfortunately we did get to hear only the beginning...from the parking lot across the street as we walked to the car.
Originally David was going to stay and go home with Walt so that he could see Shinedown but David wasn't so excited about seeing them ( I wouldn't have minded though) Besides David didn't like the idea of me wandering to my car alone in the dark, especially since we were parked so far out. once we got home ,turns out that Heather wasn't going anywhere since my bro had left for Fort Myers without her. Bummer. But apparently the concert didn't end until around midnight anyway so that would have been too late for us.
I did pretty well considering my pregnancy, I asked for the day off of work to rest in the morning and did hardly anything all day saving my energy for the concert. I guess it worked because I felt really good all evening. There were so many young people there, I felt a little old. I did feel a little bad for all the scantily clad young girls when it got cooler and cooler. I guess they should have read the weather report...
In any case I hope some more concerts and some cool bands come to town because it was so much fun. There is just something about the energy of seeing a band perform live that makes it such an wonderful experience.
I had to buy a Hinder CD, it's pretty good. :)

No comments: