Saturday, May 13, 2006

My mom and Seth.

A few years back my mother was diagnosed with breast cancer with metastasis to the lymph nodes. She went through chemotherapy and radiation, you know, the works. As a result she ended up with radiation poisoning which prevented her hair from completely growing back among some other things. Therefore, she always wears a baseball cap to cover her very thin head of hair.
She babysits him on the days I work so she has had a hand in teaching him many words, and for that I am most fortunate. Apparently he is fascinated with her hat and always asks " Whats that?" Of course she tells him" hat". Well now he seems to think that anything on top of your head is a hat. I try to tell him " head" or "hair" but he just says " hat". To him he points at my hair and says " hat". Sometimes he will place one of his rings on top of his head and announce " hat". He's so strange...

In any case, I will take this moment to record for posterity that...I LOVE MY MOM!!!

I know she won't read this but, I will tell her tomorrow. Happy Mother's Day ,Mom! You are the best. I couldn't have chosen a better mom if I tried. I'm glad to have her, and hope to have her in my ( and Seth's) life for many more years.....

No comments: