Friday, April 14, 2006

blueberry pie, playground, massage and new job?

My last day of work was supposed to be yesterday. Of course, they asked me to stay a little longer. And I agreed. WTH? I don't have another job yet ,anyway. I have to think about paying the bills. They offered me the restorative nurse position. And I accepted. Whever they have someone to fill my current position I will start. I will be working Monday through Friday, similar hours as to my current hours. They will send be to a different facility in Clearwater for a day of training and I will also get a dollar an hour raise. I will have 3 CNAs working under me. I will be in charge of seating arrangements in the dining room, supervising breakfast and lunch in the dining room, weighing all of the residents on a monthly basis and charting the results. I will also be in charge of bed alarms and B&B retraining monitoring. Actually from what i see the 3 CNAs do most of the work. We'll see if i actually get the job or if they are just stringing me along and I am merely a fool for staying.
I made a bluberry pie for David two days ago and he hasn't even eaten any. Bleh. I can always make another. Making pies are soo easy! Too easy actually. I think that next i will try making something more challenging. Maybe a loaf of bread, last time was pretty fun. Fresh bread is so delicious.

I had scheduled a massage for david yesterday but he couldn't make it. He was too far away to make it in time and besides his stomach is still bothering him. I went in his place. Becky and I just talked for over an hour before the massage even started, David was getting worried about me since i was gone so long. It was a lovely massage, I feel so relaxed today.

On wednesday seth and I went to the park and wandered around. He liked watching the other kids on the playground and walking in the murky water ( with his water shoes on, of course). It was a beautiful day and we had fun. Today I think that we will go to the playground near us and see what fun we can find. It's a beautiful day and I love any excuse to drive my new car! hee hee!

No comments: