Friday, March 03, 2006

Why?

As everyone knows I need a new car. david and I have decided to wait until our taxes are done on Mon to see how much we get back for our refund. In the meantime, though, My mom's husband saw a nice Jeep that he wanted me to look at. I wasn't able to that particular evening and also when i found out it was a 2004 I figured I wouldn't be able to afford it anyway. So he takes my mom to see it yesterday evening and they bought it. Immediately afterward, my mom calls me to tell how beautiful it is and how it was $16,000 and blah, blah, blah. First of all they weren't even looking for a new car until they were aware that i needed one and then for her to call me right away to tell me about it? WTF? Why did she do that? And why do I feel like such a loser?
She said " I guess that you probably weren't the best person to call first" I even told her that I wondered why she called to tell me first and I felt she was trying to rub it in my face that I cannot afford a car like that and meanwhile I have to start my car with a screwdriver! Maybe there is something wrong with me but I have had far too many people in my life that enjoy making me feel lousy by bragging that they have better car than me or better things, etc. I have never been rich but I thought I did well for myself. I am not trying to impress anyone, so why do people try to making me feel so crappy about what I do have?

I have worked very hard all of my life and it sickens me that I see so many people who don't have to do crap and have everything handed to them without any effort. I guess that i just wonder when I am going to get a break!

Maybe I deserve to suffer for feeling the way I do. Blech. My mom said " Jennie ,I think this is your year"
I thought all of my years have been special. I have had wonderful experiences and a great husband and son. I thought I was doing well.

Put it this way. If I had a friend that I knew needed a new car desperately but couldn't quite afford one and I decided one day just to go out and buy exactly the kind of car that she needs and can't afford. I sure wouldn't call her right away and tell her all about it.
Maybe there isn't anything wrong with me...maybe it's my mom.


I still feel like a loser. Why?

4 comments:

Jeanne said...

Jennie you are NOT a loser. Some people just don't think before they speak. It was shitty of your mom to buy it when she really didn't even need it, especially since they wanted YOU to look at it for you.

Hang in there girl!

Jennifer said...

Thank you ,Jeanne! That's what I neede to hear!

Jeanne said...

Hey us Florida girls need to stick together;)

nowwhatelmo said...

I am sorry Jennie. Don't let your family make you feel that way. Sounds like your mom and my mom might be related! LOL!