Wednesday, March 11, 2009

One more day...


I have only one more day of work until I am off for five days. If I can make it. Today I had noticed that my unit manager has taped a face pain scale to the nurses station, you know, 1 equals no pain 10 as severe. Only this one has faces on it so you can judge a persons pain based on their facial expression. I joked we could use it to rate how well the day is going. the pain descriptions were a little different than the one shown here. My day started out "distressed" (2)when one of the student CNA's transferred a resident incorrectly and put a gash in her leg so we had to send her out for stitches. My day ended as "excruciating"(5) when one of my residents pulled out his PICC line halfway through the administration of his IV antibiotic. It was a day that I definitely felt like I deserved a raise.
Afterwards, I took Sean to the pediatrician to get a Dr. note allowing him back into day care. Of course, his eyes were as clear as could be. The Dr. ( who wasn't his regular Dr.) was more concerned about his eczema, I assured her that what she was seeing today was the best it has been in a long time, so that was the least of my worries.
I had an appointment for him to see Dr. yesterday but foolishly cancelled it when his eyes were so clear for 24 hours. Then yesterday afternoon they strated to get all goopy again-at day care- which is how I ended up having to get the Dr. note that he was okay. He was miserable at the Dr. It certainly didn't help that we waited an hour. He wanted to play with the computer in the exam room, the sink, the cotton balls, the hand soap, the garbage can, I was already exhausted froom my lovely day at work, so I was not in my greatest mood.
Anyway, skip to three hours later and you would find me relaxing in a bathtub full of bubbles that smell like lavender and my smelly candle nearby as I did the newspaper crossword. Delightful, I assure you.
Sure, it annoys me when my husband talks while he's yawning in the morning,("What the heck did you say again!?") Or blows his nose in the kitchen while I'm eating breakfast(eww)
But he lets me relax whenever I feel I need it. And boy did I need it today.
Ho hum, here's to hoping tomorrow is better that today was...

No comments: