Sunday, March 29, 2009

"hair" today-gone tomorrow?

Okay, so he title is super lame. I can't think of anything else right now.
Only in the last couple days have the boys and myself been feeling a bit better from our month-and-a-half-long cold that we've had. Actually it was two colds back to back. Sucked big time. I truly think my house needs to be disinfected after all of that!
So yesterday I decided it was just about time for Sean to have a hair cut. I could not take him to my hair cutting place since they told me once before that they don't get "hazard pay" so I made him an appt. at a place called Lollipop kids that specializes in kids. It was a wonderful experience! They had neat chairs for the kids to sit in and a TV with cartoons to watch at the hair cutting station. Also, a play area for the kids while they wait and afterwards. Best of all, the hairdressers were patient and experienced with kids so it all went very smoothly. Now Sean has a big boy hair cut and he looks so handsome.
Today we went to Mamaw's for a visit since we haven't seen her in a while. We had a great time and the boys had fun.

Mamaw told me yesterday that she hasn't been feeling as well for a while now. She told me that she is going to see her Dr. soon so I hope they can't figure it out. But I think she is just slowing down. She seemed okay to me today, but I do think my brother helps her out alot around the house and for that I am grateful.
She will be 82 tomorrow so I guess she is allowed to slow down. But I don't like to think that eventually she will die. It was difficult for me to even type that since I don't want to think about it. But David told me that I should accept the inevitable or I will have a more difficult time when she actually does go. Which I hope isn't for quite a few more years... People can't live forever. Even though I think some people, like my mamaw, should.
That is one thing, of many, that stinks about getting older. Every one else gets older, too. I even see my parents aging. I know I can't rely on them to be around forever. So, I am thankful I have my own little family, my three boys that drive me nuts-David, Seth, and Sean. I love them so much.

No comments: