Saturday, June 14, 2008

chaos

Oh my goodness. Normal people could not survive a day in this house. And I am not extraordinary my any means....
Of course, as soon as David left the house to pick up our Chinese food, Seth managed to somehow drain water from the fish tank through the bubbler tube creating a lovely pond in my living room. On my wood laminate floors, no less.
While I scrambled to mop up the water, Sean was in his high chair flinging his plate -and honey mustard- all over the floor.
I quickly tried to plop them in the bath, where ,at least, the walking disasters that are my boys could destroy merely one room in the house. And at least it would be a clean mess, right?
I decided to get the clean sheets out of the dryer. Once I got to my washer I had discovered that the clothes had not been transferred to the dryer. So I had to do that quickly as I heard the pitter patter of wet soapy feet running down the hallway.
I hurredly closed the garage door and went to get his PJs and diaper ready, expecting that Sean would follow me there. Since he was slipping everywhere I had to mop up the water puddles in the hallways not absolutely positive that it was all bath water, if you catch my drift. Once in the room I discovered a few plops of icky poopiness on the rug. Peeking across the hallway I noticed a small naked, formerly soapy, boy with horrible poopiness running down his legs, standing on the toilet lid next to the bathtub.
As I ran to clean him, I see more plops down the hallway leading into the kitchen. Did I mention that Seth, meanwhile, had thrown all of his bathtoys out of the tub because he "didn't like them."The floor was also quite puddly.
I did manage to clean all of the poo. And an awful poo it was..Eww.
Yes, it did all eventually get cleaned up. But it was no easy task.
I am exhausted.
I need to train them to clean up their own poo. And water puddles. And sweep up their own crumby messes. Heck, they should wash their own clothes, too. Why not?

No comments: