Saturday, May 03, 2008

On a sad note..

Two of my long term care patients have had children die on Thursday. One of which was one of the Hager twins from "Hee Haw" that has sorta been in the news( if you really look). The mom has been very upset since she found out yesterday(obviously). The other one is the daughter of another lady I take care of. She used to come in almost daily and spend at least one meal a day with her mom. Very nice lady. Both were sudden deaths.
I have seen my share of death in my line of work and I haven't been too affected by it. When you see someone suffer you feel almost relieved when they go. Besides, everyone I take care of is very elderly-so they have had long and fruitful lives.
But the thought of outliving a child really bothers me. Whether the child is 6 or 60 I don't know how I would handle it. And I hope I never have to find out.:(

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I totally noticed the Hee-Haw. I used to watch that with my grandpa and noticed it on Cnn.com. Love your site.